Deer Sausage Seasoning Kit. For Smoked Sausage.
Deer Sausage Seasoning Kits
SAVE MONEY By Making Your Own Deer Sausage at Home!
- Witts Smoked Sausage Seasoning
- Clear Fibrous Casings - 2.5 Inch X 20 Inches - Stuffs 3 to 3.5 lbs. of Meat - Butcher Twine to Tie Ends of Casings
- The Correct Amount of Speed Cure Which Is Needed In Making Deer Sausage
We also sell a DVD that shows how we make Smoked Deer Sausage using this seasoning. This DVD also shows how to make Smoked Deer Jerky and Smoked Deer Snack Sticks. You can view details of this DVD and watch a 5 minute clip here.
To make your Deer Sausage sausage Stand Out and better than your friends add one of our varieties of High Temperature Cheese! Choose Cheddar, Pepper Jack or Habanero Cheese. 1/4 inch cubes will not melt in your deer sausage while smoking. Sold in 2.5 lb. bags which is the correct amount for a 25 lb. batch of Deer Sausage.
Salt, Corn Syrup Solids, Spices, Monosodium Glutamate (MSG), Sodium Erythorbate (0.97%), Garlic Powder and not more than 1% partially hydrogenated Cottonseed and Soybean Oil added to prevent caking.
Start with 20 lbs. of [as chilled as possible - semi-frozen works great] deer or beef that has been trimmed of most of the fat, and add 5 lbs. of (80/20) lean pork trimmings (boneless pork shoulder butts will work for this if you don't have access to a butcher shop).
Grind meat through a coarse grinder plate.
Add the 1 oz. packet of Sodium Nitrite [also called Speed Cure, Quick Cure or InstaCure] to 2.5 lbs. [5 cups] of ice cold water and mix with an electric mixer. Then add the bag of Witts Sausage Seasoning and mix thoroughly again.
Then add this cure to the coarse ground mixture of deer and pork. Stir for 5 minutes until the liquid cure mix is thoroughly mixed into the deer/pork.
Then grind this mixture through a fine grinder plate.
Stuff the raw deer sausage into Fibrous Casings that have been soaked in lukewarm water for 30 minutes. Hold over night in refrigerator. The refrigerators' temperature should be 38° F.
Smoke/Cook the stuffed deer sausage to internal temperature of 152° F. You need a meat thermometer to make sure of this final temperature.Hickory smoke is the best type of smoke for deer sausage. Hickory sawdust works better than hickory chips.
The basic instructions are the same for a 50 lb. and 100 lb. batch of deer sausage. With a 50 lb. batch you would use 40 lbs. of deer and 10 lbs. of pork. Use 2 oz of Speed Cure (Sodium Nitrite) and 5 lbs. of water. With a 50 lb. batch you would use 80 lbs. of deer and 20 lbs. of pork. Use 4 oz of Speed Cure (Sodium Nitrite) and 10 lbs. of water.
- After the sausage product has been seasoned, stuffed and cured overnight, we hang the deer sausage links on bacon hangers in the smokehouse, carefully positioning the sausages so that they are not touching one another.
If you have a meat thermometer, push the probe into the center of one of the sausages, set the temperature alarm at 155° F.
Begin by setting the temperature to 130° F for the first two hours; open the smoker damper wide open until the sausages internal temperature reaches 90 degrees.
- For the next two hours, close the damper to the 1/2 (half) open position and raise the smokehouse temperature to 140° F. Now you can apply your sawdust to begin the smoke, longer is optional if you prefer a heavy smoke.
- For the next two hours, raise the smokehouse temperature to 150 degrees and keep the damper half open and keep replenishing the sawdust to keep the smoke going.
- Now raise the smokehouse temperature to 165 to 170° F, close the damper to 2/3 closed and keep the sawdust smoking until the sausages reach an internal temperature of 150° F. Remove the sausages from the Smokehouse and let them cool down overnight at room temperature. The next day the deer sausage is ready to eat.
EVERY product we sell is shipped FREE in the U.S.! Every Day. NO Minimum.
Most orders are shipped by USPS Priority Mail or USPS 1st Class Mail.
Any order under 15 oz. is shipped USPS 1st Class Mail.
Some heavy (usually orders over 10 lbs.) or bulky items are shipped by UPS Ground.
You will receive an email within 24 with your Tracking Number and Shipping Carrier.
Orders received before 12:00 p.m. CST will normally be shipped out the same day.
Orders received between 11:00 p.m. Saturday and 3:00 p.m. Monday will be shipped out on Monday
We proudly offer free shipping and handling to all 50 states in the US. (We do NOT ship outside of the U.S.).
Free Shipping will be applied automatically to all qualifying orders –
no minimum purchase, coupons or promotion codes are required.
Normal Shipping Times:
USPS Priority Mail - 2 to 3 Business Days
USPS 1st Class Mail - 2 to 5 Business Days
UPS Ground - 3 to 5 Business Days
100% Money Back Guarantee
So - I offer a 100% Money Back Guarantee on EVERYTHING we sell!
If at any time (not just 30 days or 1 year - ANY TIME) you are not completely satisfied with any product, please let us know and we will promptly refund your money in full.
And we NEVER charge a Restocking Fee! NO HASSEL!
FREE Return Shipping!! We will also Pay For Your Return Shipping - or let you know if you even have to return our product(s)!
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.